What to bring to hospital
For the mother
- Comfortable clothes to wear in the ward and underwear (don’t forget clothes to wear home)
- A dressing gown, or lava lava, and slippers or sandals
- Toiletries – soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, etc
- If you have a pillow you prefer, you may bring it
- Nursing bras
- Glasses/contact lenses
- Hairbrush, face cloth, cosmetics, moisturiser, etc
- Breast pads
- Maternity sanitary pads (2 packets, not panty shields)
- Any medications
- A pen and stationery
- Ear plugs (if you are a light sleeper)
- Snacks and fruit juice
- Cellphone and chargers
For the baby
- Going home outfit
Your baby will be dressed in its own clothes. Your baby may also need a hat, warm footwear. a long-sleeved top and wrap to stay warm.
Please remember that you will need a car seat fitted when you go home with your baby.
Visiting Hours and Tips
Your Partner or named support person can visit between 7.00 am and 10.00pm.
Any other visitors may come between 2:00pm to 8:00pm.Ask your partner to take responsibility for limiting visitors if you are tired.
We recommend that visitors' children stay at home to reduce the risk of infection to your baby.
Children must be supervised in the Birthing Unit at all times.